Monday, June 2, 2008

Last Day of School!!!!

Today was the last day of school! Overall, the kids were pretty good. Apparently there was a food fight at lunch and the kids involved got sent home. I would have made them all sit in a room all staring at the corner for the rest of the day. Going home is a blessing, not a punishment. Anyways... I wasn't as sad to see them all go as I thought it would be. It will probably hit me tomorrow when I go back and look at my empty room again and realize they're not coming back. I think it was just too hot today to deal with anything else.

So, I've officially made it through my first year of teaching! Someone asked me today if it was everything I dreamed it would be... I wouldn't say that, but it was a great year. I had great kids and I met some great people in my building who were awesome. Next year will be even better because my co-teacher will be there full time, and I'll know the curriculum! It was a good year. I think I'll keep teaching! :)

Here's to a successful year and a happy summer!

1 comment:

cari_2009 said...

Hello! I got your blog info off of the Drake cite. I'm going to be a senior next school year and am quite interested in attending Drake. I clicked on your blog because it said "Wichita, KS" which just happens to be where I live and go to school (I'm an East High Flying Ace in the IB program, by the way). I'm unable to make any campus visits so I was wondering if you could impart upon me some of your memories of Drake so I can get a taste of campus life.
Please send me an email at cjcrittenden@gmail.com
or boizareweird@gmail.com
Thank you!
Carissa Crittenden

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.