Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Papers are Finished!!!

I am finally done with my papers!!!! I have been working on my Literacy Narrative for English 183 since September. Finally, after four months, three completely different drafts, multiple revisions and many many hours, I have finished it!!! It is 25 pages long, and has gone in a direction I was never planning on it going when I started writing it, but it’s actually kind of interesting. I feel like I learned a lot about myself as a student and as a future educator…. It’s the last paper I’ll have to write for awhile, and the longest one I’ve ever had to write, not to mention the only paper I’ve ever spent four months on…

My paper for Critical Theory is finished as well, at least I think it is. It’s a psychoanalysis of the system of Education. Again, it’s actually kind of interesting how much the multiple theories of Psychoanalysis can be used to explain a system like education. One of my Education professors told me I should send the paper in to an Education journal and see if I can get it published… maybe not the whole thing, but pieces. We’ll see, that would be really cool though – to be published in an Education journal before I graduated.

Right now, I’m just trying to get through this week before I go home. I was able to get my Education finals moved so I can go home and be with my family for Christmas, since we’re celebrating it on the 17th. I realize I’m fortunate to have professors who understand, but I’m glad they’re letting me take my finals early! Drake Dance Team is performing this Tuesday at the boys’ basketball game, which I’m really excited about! Five more days before break begins for me, then student teaching in January…

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.