Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grading Homework...

So, I have a lot of papers to grade. I wasn't at school yesterday because I took a personal day, and it probably doesn't help that I collected three assignments today. On top of that, I have essays coming in tomorrow. Oh fun stuff. I was going to work on them today after school, but we had "rehearsal" for the talent show and then I was burning up. I meant to do some work at home. We'll see. Maybe I'll work on some of it after I get back from excercising. It wouldn't normally be that big of a deal, but midterms are due at 3 PM tomorrow. I don't think these grades are really going to affect them that much, but you never know. Oh well. They'll get graded when they get graded.

This weekend is Relays at Drake. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to try to head down or not. It was always easy to go to Relays when I lived on or around campus, but now I just have the feeling that it's going to be a bit difficult to find parking. Plus, it's going to rain this weekend so I really don't have any desire to go sit in the rain to watch a track meet. I've done enough of that in my lifetime.

I cannot believe how expensive gas is. It got to be $3.44 today, and that's the subsidized ethanol stuff. I don't really think that gas needs to be as high as it is. The oil companies do not need to be making millions of dollars in profits. I think they can take a profit hit in order to make gas more accessible for the common people. If this keeps up, I'm definitely not going back to Kansas for Labor Day, or anywhere else for that matter. Blah. Maybe it will go down...

The weather has been gorgeous! I couldn't have picked a better day for a personal day than yesterday. The sun shone all day and it was just perfect. It looks like there are some storms coming in tonight and it's only supposed to be in the high 50's to low 60's the rest of next week. It's almost May, I think it's time for some nice weather that lasts longer than 2 weeks.

Perhaps I should go look at the papers. No guarantee I'm going to get any of them graded...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.