Monday, April 28, 2008

And it just keeps coming...

I graded my 8 inch stack of papers this weekend. It really didn't take me that long, it was just a tedious task. That, and the essays really really disappointed me. I was really kind of upset because I put a lot of work into proofing their essays and telling them what they needed to do to get a better grade. Many of them just took their rough drafts home and typed them. It's like they didn't even look at all of my red comments across their papers. I know it's not my fault, but it still really frustrates me. I gave them the opportunity to redo it for a better grade, but the stipulation is that they have to conference with me before they rewrite it. That way I know that they are actually going to put some effort into changing the essay. Ah, I hope they turn out better.

Now I just have assignments coming in every day, so I'm constantly grading. I don't really have a problem with it, it's just that I feel kind of swamped all of a sudden. I won't be done with this cycle until the middle of May when we're done with the Pigman unit. I guess it boosts their grades if they're doing what they are supposed to.

I can't believe May is almost here! This year has just flown by. I just wish the weather would realize it's almost May. I had frost on my windows this morning...

Well, I should go get some bibliographies graded. At least these aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be (so far...)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.