Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fun Weekend!

This weekend was really fun. I went home since it was Labor Day and I haven't seen my family since the end of July. I was able to leave right after school on Friday, so I got home around 10. My sister and her friend were there so we chatted for awhile. It was midnight by the time I was able to go to bed, so I was really tired, since I'd been up for 18 hours! Saturday was Zenda Days. It was the 120th celebration of the town's existence. There were actually quite a few people there and a lot of stuff going on. My dad's air force buddies came up from Lousiana and Oklahoma for it. Then we just went to the farm and camped out and celebrated my cousin Catie's birthday and mine. Sunday we just shot at targets and at clay pigeons and played in the water. It was actually a really nice weekend for camping, with a nice breeze. I still managed to get sunburned - fortunately it didn't hurt too much. I got back last night around 7. It still amazes me that I don't find the drive too boring. Sure, there are some moments when it's bad, but there are plenty of places to stop and get out and stretch. I'm kind of sad I won't be going home until Thanksgiving.

I am such a homebody. Part of me is very surprised that I chose to take a job so far away from my family and all that's familiar, but at the same time I guess I am familiar with the Des Moines area. This is kind of my second home, and I guess now it really is my second home. It's weird, but I'm glad I ended up in the school district I did, and am still able to be close to my friends.

School's going well. I tried three different methods today to get kids to grasp a concept I wanted them to grasp. I still don't know what works. We're going to try to finish the essay tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I think I'm getting sick. This part is not fun.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.