Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back in Iowa and Back to Teaching

I must say, it was very nice to have yesterday off, and very difficult to get up this morning and go back to school. I really enjoyed my days of sleeping in and not really having anything to do. That said, it wasn't too bad of a day. The kids were fairly well behaved, and for once I only had two students gone, instead of the five to ten I had last week on a daily basis. It was nice and sunny out today. Overall, not a bad day back from a long Spring Break.

I brought a lot of stuff back from home, and now I have to find a place for it all. It's a little disconcerting to say the least. Part of me feels like I should have just left most of it at home since I don't really need it here and it just makes for more stuff I have to move again when I move out of this apartment. On the other hand, some of it is nice to have here with me in the event that I would need it. Oh well. I'm a big packrat, so a lot of it is stuff I probably don't really need but have here anyway. I have been better at throwing things away, but not as good as I should be I guess.

We're working on poetry right now. I love poetry, but I really feel like we're squishing it all into two weeks. Really, poetry could go on for a long time, but I guess for now I have to do what the English team is doing. I went and looked at my new room today. It's nice. I'm excited to have it. However, it's again on a NW corner, so we'll see how warm it is!

I'm looking forward to it being warm for good. I think we have at least another two or three weeks of "cool" however.

1 comment:

David said...

"Learning to teach" is a great name for a blog... is a great name for anything, indeed.

I don't know why, but I think I was the only kid at school who used to enjoy the classes about poetry.

:)

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.