Monday, March 31, 2008

Rain...

I woke up this morning to my bed shaking due to the thunder. That was a very interesting feeling. On the way into work, my pants got soaked. Needless to say, it was a great way to start out a Monday.

Fortunately, the day did not turn out that bad, despite the fact that all I wanted to do all day was take a nap. Most of the students had their poems finished, and we had a pretty good time with the poems we were working on today. They were supposed to write an alphabet alliteration poem - in which every line has to have an adjective, noun, and verb that begin with the same letter. They were coming up with some pretty crazy lines, but it was very fun! My principal came in 8th period for a "walk through," in which I was just going around and helping students, so we'll see what he thought of that. I'm sure it was fine. I feel bad because I don't have a lot of student work up on the walls right now, but we haven't really done anything lately that required poster work. Oh well.

I'm going to be sad when poetry is over. I'm not really looking forward to doing character sketches and sentence writing. I know they need it. I just need to be more positive about it. I know it will turn out fine!

I'm supposed to take tickets for the HS track meet tomorrow. It's supposed to be cold. I hope I don't freeze.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.