Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Snow

I really dislike snow.

Perhaps I should say I really dislike snow when it's at the end of March and I've just been through a winter where it snowed every other day and was bitterly cold. I've had enough snow and I'm ready for Spring to be here. It hailed this morning and then snowed all day. It looks like it's stopped now and it may actually be melting off the cars, but I'm still tired of it. I think we're supposed to get more yucky weather this weekend as well. Blah!

On a lighter note, this week at school has not been too bad at all. Of course, it's only been 3 days back, but the kids have been really good. We had a guest speaker who talked to them about figurative language in poetry and did a really good job of pointing out examples and making it clear what the imagery in the poem is. I hope the kids got something out of it.

I'm going to be sad when the poetry unit is over. This is the one unit I feel really confident about and I really like because I actually know what I'm doing! I always just feel like I'm playing "catch-up" with the other units. Next year will be better because I'll be more comfortable with everything.

As much as this week has been good, I am ready for the weekend. I really look forward to the weekends when I can just sleep in and not really worry about anything. I really love the weekends when I have nothing to grade!

Here's hoping for warmer weather!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.