Saturday, January 27, 2007

Breakthrough

Yesterday, despite the fact that it was Friday and the students were kind of driving me nuts, I really felt like I had a breakthrough with them. Thursday I had them act out Scene 1, the fight scene, of Romeo and Juliet, and many of them came in yesterday asking if we were going to do that again because "it was fun." Yay!!!! Then, we're still reading the Elizabethian version aloud, not the modern version, and most of them still seem to be comprehending it! This is what makes it worth it - having them understand. At least I think they understand. We'll find out this Thursday when they have to turn everything in and they have a quiz...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.