Sunday, January 7, 2007

Step 1 - Done

I finally got Romeo and Juliet planned this week. Now I just have to write the quizzes, tests, study guides, assignment sheets, and whatever else that is needed to make those six weeks successful and the students won't be entirely bored with Shakespeare. At first I was a little apprehensive about teaching Shakespeare, mostly because I wasn't the biggest fan of my college Shakespeare course, but the more I plan this unit, the more excited about it I am becoming. I think it will be fun, as long as I can get the students interested in it. I'm focusing a lot on the language, so we'll see how that goes. We may have to switch halfway through...

I'm really ready to go back. Not so much for school to start, but just to be back with my friends. Most of mine here are leaving today or have already left, and the ones that are here are busy with work and school of their own. It's nice to come home every once in awhile, but also nice to go back to friends and something to do!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.