Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Summer!

Yes, I realize it is January, but I'm already getting excited for this coming summer. As of right now, it looks like we may be going to Las Vegas for my best friend's bachelorette party since there is absolutely nothing to do in Wichita - we know, we looked over break. If we can get everything worked out with the condo, and find some cheap flights out there, we're heading West before she ties the knot!!! I'm excited. I think it will be fun, and give us some good old girl bonding time... I just hope everything works out.

I also just found out that one of my friends from Drake may be working in Wichita this summer, which would be awesome! I will most likely be staying there this summer and probably working at the snowcone stand intermittently again since my friend's wedding isn't until June 23, my job won't start 'till August, and I need to be able to make some sort of money to help pay for all those bills I'll have to start paying that I don't have to right now. I'm not ready to be an adult. Anyways, if Jackie's there, then I'll have one more person to hang out with since Adria's getting married, Sarah will be in Texas, and everyone else will be becoming adults as well. :/ Scary thought.

I've been job searching already. There are some jobs open that I would be interested in, but I'm still holding out for the one I really want. I just hope that holding out for that one doesn't mean that I miss my opportunity to work somewhere else that would be just as great. I guess we'll see. It's only January.

I was evaluated today for student teaching. It went really well, and the students were very well behaved. I think I might actually miss them when I have to leave in March. Thursday is their first quiz, as well as the day that everything is due, so we'll see how it all works out.

It was really really cold today, and it looks like it's going to be that way for awhile. I think I need to rearrange my room so my bed is not against the NE wall... probably makes it a little colder than it should be :/ I'm ready for summer and warm weather. Alas, about 3 or 4 months to go.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.