Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow, Romeo and Juliet, Dance, and Summer

So, we got 5 inches of snow the other day and are expecting another inch or so this weekend. I like the snow, but I’m definitely ready for it to start warming up. I guess it’s supposed to warm up next week, which is way exciting!

Student teaching is going well. I can’t believe I only have 3 more weeks until I’m done with my first placement! I’ll miss the kids, but I’m also really excited about going to work with the 6th graders. I’m also really excited about Spring Break coming up! They’re going to get their final project assignments tomorrow, so we’ll see how much of an explosion of complaints I get tomorrow. I think they’ll be fine. I’d much rather do a project than a final test, but many of them don’t see it that way. They have a lot of choices for their projects, so they have plenty of opportunities to make it their own.

We performed Friday night for the Women’s basketball halftime, and last night we performed at a convention for quarry/mining people. It’s been fun, but I’m glad things are going to be less hectic for a little bit. My body is tired! It’s kind of sad because I only have one or two performances left because I’m graduating in May… L

Two of my friends are getting married this summer, and I’m in both of the weddings. Apparently, pastel is in for bridesmaid dresses. One dress is coral, and now I have to find a sage green dress… Yay. It’s a good thing that I tan fairly easily, otherwise I would be really washed out with these dresses. The things we do for our friends! Whatever makes them happy! We’re going to Vegas for my friend’s bachelorette party! I’m so excited!

I’m thinking about applying for jobs soon. That should be fun. I need recommendation letters first, and then it’s time to apply! Kind of scary…

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.