Monday, July 9, 2007

3 Weeks!!!

In three weeks I will be returning to Iowa. While part of me is a little sad to be leaving "for good," the other part of me is really excited to see what life brings! The other day a friend of a friend asked me what I do, and I replied, "I'm a teacher." Let me tell you, that was weird. Usually I say, "I'm studying to be a teacher" or something like that. But this time, I actually have a profession! I am an adult. Kind of a scary thought.

I have decided that I'm not going to try to buy a new car right now. There's really nothing wrong with the one I have now. Plus, I don't want to over commit myself to payments when I'm not sure about everything I will need to pay for on my own, especially on a teacher's salary. I could get by, I just don't know that I want to cut things that close. As long as my current car works and gets me where I need to be, I will trust it for a little longer.

The snowcone stand hasn't been too bad. I'm definitely working tomorrow, Wednesday, and Sunday, and the rest of the week I'm kind of "on call." Next week I will be teaching Arts and Crafts at Summer Safari, a VBS for students in grades 5-8, so I won't be working, which really doesn't bother me all that much.

I didn't get to go out and harvest this weekend because I got stuck at work :( It's ok though, because they got stuck because it was still a little wet. Although, my parents did go fishing without me, and that made me very sad...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.