Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter!

I finally went to see the movie the other night with my sister and my cousin. We went to the drive-in. Since the pickup's back window doesn't open, we had to use the speakers available, so we missed some of it, but it was still pretty good. I felt like the director just rushed through the book though, and hit the highlights. I guess that's what you're supposed to do, but it was a little disappointing that he changed some things just to get through the plot. Also, for some reason this director likes to make Neville a hero, when in fact, much of what he does in the movies is actually done by Dobby the house-elf. This is what I get for just finishing re-reading all of the books.

I finally pre-ordered my copy of the 7th book that comes out on Friday. Unfortunately, I will be teaching VBS that day, so I will not have a chance to read it until probably after 5, and then Adria is coming back in town, so I may not get to it until later. That, or I'll stay up all night reading it...

VBS this week. While I think some of the crafts are going to be kind of boring, I guess it will be fine. I feel much more relaxed about the whole thing this year. Mainly because they are all middle school age and don't want to listen anyway. They can do what they want, I'm not going to try as hard to control them this year. (Ask me at the end of the week how that went.)

Only 2 weeks till I move back to Iowa! I suppose I need to try to do some more packing!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.