Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last Day in Kansas

This weekend was pretty fun. I went to the farm on Friday and camped out with my dad and his friends. Saturday, we had a pig roast and a bunch of people came. Not as many as we were expecting, but it was a pretty good crowd. Today we got everything put away and then we went fishing. It was a slow day for fishing. I only caught 2 fish, and my dad only caught one, which means it was a really bad fishing day!!! There was practically no wind this weekend, which is very very weird for Kansas.

I think I am all packed. I need to do some laundry tomorrow, but I will most likely do my dorm/apartment trick of just throwing everything into one load and washing it in order to save myself some time. I still need to figure out how to get all of those clothes into a bag or suitcase to take with me to Waukee.

I'm leaving tomorrow around 4 I think. I'm going to go visit my friend and his baby, then to my cousins' in Lincoln. Tuesday, I'll head to Storm Lake for my ISEA conference, and then on Thursday I will head back to the Des Moines area. I get to move into my apartment on Friday! I still have to call and get my electricity turned on and then I'll have to get my P.O. Box # and a new phone # all on Friday as well. It should be interesting. Then, full steam ahead for the next few weeks. It's hard to believe I'll be teaching in less than a month.

I hope for safe travels!!!!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.