Saturday, July 7, 2007

Harvest!!

It has finally stopped raining long enough for my family to finish harvesting. This is a good thing, but I honestly don't know if they're going to get any good crops. We'll just have to wait, pray, and see what comes out of this. I think I'm going to try to go out there tonight after I get off work, but I don't know yet. Gas is high again (thanks to the flooding and destroying of an oil refinery close to here), and I have to be back by 4 tomorrow to work. I'll just have to see what I feel like later today.

I'm back working at the snowcone stand. I had to train a new girl yesterday and re-train one of the other employees because the stand I'm at was in ridiculous shape when I got there on Thursday. Although it wasn't her fault entirely that it was like that, she did need some re-training. I felt like I was stepping on toes all day though - it's hard to tell someone they're doing something wrong when they've been doing it that way all summer... I at least have a semi-schedule until next Friday, which is a plus.

Only 3 weeks till I leave! I guess I need to work on packing the rest of my stuff up. I'm also debating if I really need a new car at this point in time. I haven't heard back from Erin yet, so I don't know if I'm sharing an apartment with her or not, and that is kind of what will be the determinant, at least in my opinion. I will have enough money to buy a new car, but I don't know if I want to cut my budget that close. I need to do some more thinking on that one.

The sun is out!!!!! Maybe only for a few days since it's supposed to rain again this coming week, but for now, it's out and wonderful!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.