Thursday, July 26, 2007

Last few days in Wichita

It's been a pretty uneventful week. I've just been working and packing and seeing friends off. It's really hard to believe that I will be leaving next Monday for "good." That is, I'm going to become an official citizen of another state and move the majority of my belongings there. It's all just kind of weird.

My best friend and her husband left for Green Bay on Tuesday morning. I did pretty well until Monday night, and then I was in tears. All day Tuesday was pretty bad too. I don't know why. It's not like we can't keep in touch and keep each other informed about what's going on. Maybe it's that I probably won't see her on as many breaks, since she has to be there the majority of her time. This is no longer college where we can come home when we feel like it.

We're having a pig roast this weekend at our farm. It should be pretty fun. On Sunday, my dad and I are going fishing, and we may take my friend that moved here from Chicago. That would be interesting!!!! The farm is the once place I'm not looking forward to leaving. I'm not really looking forward to leaving my house and family either, but I will really miss the farm and my extended family. Now I'll probably only see them on holidays, or when I come back in the summer... This is going to take some getting used to.

I think I'm pretty much packed. All I need to finish packing is my clothes. I still have a few odds and ends and trinkets to pack up, but hopefully that won't take too long. I got a TV from my friends that moved to Green Bay, and I'm getting a table and chairs "on loan" for awhile. So, I have pretty much all the major furniture I need, it will just be purchasing the little furniture, kitchen things, and food that will be a major feat when I get back to the Des Moines area.

Lots to do in just a few days...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.