Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Almost There!

Well, it's 3 days until graduation, and I have barely made a dent in my packing. I guess all of my books are now put away, but other than that... For some reason I just can't motivate myself to finish packing everything up and clean the apartment. Maybe it's that this is the last time I'm moving out just to move back in somewhere for a year. The next time I move stuff it will be pretty much permanent...at least for awhile. I'm excited about it, but really nervous all at the same time.

I've been apartment hunting. How I hate that! I did find a few I like. I went to visit one today and I really like it. It's close to my school I'm teaching at, and it's more space for cheaper than the one I looked at yesterday. Maybe I should look at more, but I just have no energy or ambition to do such a thing. I like not having too many choices - easier to make a decision that way.

I did go pick up the 7th Grade Language Arts and Reading curriculum today, so I'll have lots of reading and planning to do this summer!

Just one thing I find unfair. I just spent an entire semester student teaching, and the only thing that counts toward my GPA is my seminar class. One lousy hour out of 12 counts for GPA... bye bye Summa Cum Laude :( We did more work than some other people taking 12 hours, and yet only one of our hours really "counts." I think they need to rethink that.

No finals this week, just packing. Normally, I'd be home by now if I didn't have finals, but alas, graduation is Saturday. It's nice to not have finals, but not really so much when everyone else does, because they're all studying and can't go do fun things! At least when I was taking English classes and "didn't have finals," I was still working on things. Oh well, gives me more time to pack I guess!

I'm excited about this summer and next fall. I just hope everything works out the way I think it's going to!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.