Monday, May 14, 2007

Time for Summer... and taking care of everything else!

Graduation was Saturday. Everything went fine. I was the second one to graduate and I didn't trip when I was walking across the stage :) Two sets of aunt, uncles, and cousins came up to watch me walk, but only stayed until I walked with Education and I only saw one set because the other set left before I got back to the hotel. Not that I blame them since they have five kids under 12, but I still feel like they could've stayed around for at least a little bit. Since there were about 600 of us graduating, it was a bit difficult to find ANYBODY after graduation, and I didn't have my phone since robes and dresses don't generally have pockets, so therefore I don't have as many pictures with my friends as I would have liked. I'm a little disappointed, but I do have them with the people I care about and want to...

I don't know what it is, but graduation really just seems kind of anti-climactic for me. Same with high school. Maybe I should be sad, or at least feel different, but I don't. I'm still going to be around the people I really care about for the next few years because I'll still be in Des Moines. I have more friends that now have teaching jobs in Des Moines, so I guess to me, it's really not quite so much of an ending. I guess I see it kind of as a continuation, only with a real job instead of classes, and having to pay my own bills. I'm honestly kind of scared about it all, but I'm also really excited about what the future holds. Maybe that's why I'm not really that upset that I don't have that many pictures from graduation. I hardly have any from my high school graduation...maybe it's a theme.

Anyways, I got a call today from one of the apartment complexes I was looking at, and she told me I was approved and would definitely have an apartment in the fall!!! That makes me happy because I did like the apartment and I did like the people who run the complex, and I don' t have to worry about what I'm going to do about housing. Plus, it's like 2 minutes from the school, so that will be nice, esp. with rising gas prices and the fun winter weather in Iowa.

My friend came over today to work with my mom on songs for her wedding, and she brought the bridesmaid dress over. It actually doesn't look too bad, and the color is actually quite pretty. I think I had trouble really picturing "coral" and what that looked like... I'm excited though. I've also been trying to plan her bridal shower. I left it until after graduation because that seemed to be the best idea. I do have the date, time, place, games, and invitations figured out, so that's good. Now I just have to work on party favors and food!

I really need to start going through stuff and figuring out what I do and don't need when I move back to Iowa. That just really seems like a really daunting task right now.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.