Tuesday, May 22, 2007

At the Farm!

I've been spending the past few days at the farm "watching" my uncle - just to make sure everything is ok while my aunt is at work. On Sunday, I came out with my dad and we went down to the camp ground to mow. I just took a walk around. It's been awhile since I've done that, and I'm still amazed at how beautiful it all is! I am really one of the luckiest people alive - to be able to say I own that land and can go to it whenever I want!

Yesterday my uncle put me to work. We had to mulch the garden and the flower beds. That involved taking bales of hay and spreading them around. It wasn't too bad, but I was kind of tired when all was said and done. Then we went to the shed and looked at the farm equipment. My mom had mentioned that my uncle could teach me how to drive a stick-shift, so we had some preliminary lessons on how to drive the wheat truck. Just going over the clutch and the shifting and all of that. I don't know if we'll actually get around to driving it this week though, since it's cloudy outside now and is supposed to rain the next few days.

I'm excited for this weekend. We always go camping over Memorial Day. I love camping!

I still haven't received my contract, that I know of. I guess I'll have to call the school/principal and figure out what's going on!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.