Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oh So Fun Beginning to Summer!

It seems that my family can't really do anything the easy way. My cousin was supposed to have surgery yesterday on his leg, but then many more complications arose. He had a torn artery in his leg, causing him to bleed more than he should have, and then he ended up with a fat embolism in his pulmonary artery, resulting in fluid in his lungs. He was on a ventilator last night. Apparently, he's doing much better this morning, and they think they'll pull him off the vent this afternoon/tonight, so that's good. It's times like these that I think that taking the job in Iowa wasn't the best idea because I won't be close enough to go to the hospital and see them and offer them and the rest of the family support. However, it's also extremely draining to have to be there dealing with all of it. I am only 6 hours away, so I can be home if I need to be. I guess I have mixed feelings about it. It's hard when you're close to your family like I am. It'll all be fine. I'll probably be either Andrew-sitting or driving a wheat truck in a couple of weeks!

So far, 5 people are coming to my friend's bridal shower this weekend. That should be fun. I hope more people show up and they just forgot to RSVP, otherwise, I'm going to feel really bad. Either way, we're going to Vegas in a couple of weeks, so that's going to be a blast, regardless of what happens this weekend! I still need to go get some more food, but I'm not going to get too much - cake will be plenty right after lunch! I got our car reserved in Vegas for Thursday, so that's one less thing to worry about!

I really need to start organizing stuff so I can get back into my room. I just really have no motivation to do anything of the sort!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.