Monday, October 8, 2007

Being an Adult

I decided I really don't like it that all of my friends that I spend a lot of time with are still in school. I mainly feel this way because I get really bored on the weekends. Sometimes I have papers to grade or a book to plan or something like that, but I no longer have the homework to do or the tests to study for like everyone else does. I want to go out and do something, while everyone else needs to stay in and get stuff done. On one hand, it's kind of nice - a whole weekend to do nothing! On the other hand, if I at least had stuff to do, I wouldn't feel so bored. I can only watch so much T.V. and read so many books and sleep so late before I start going a little stir crazy. I guess I shouldn't complain - next year really won't be any fun when no one's here and they're all on rotations...

This coming weekend is Fall Break for those that are still at Drake. I'm going to miss having those two extra days off. Alas, I now have a real job and have to go to work. It's not really that big of a deal, it's just that I won't be going home until Thanksgiving, and that's still a long way off, at least in my brain. I realize it's only about 6 weeks away, but...

I just found out that my friend in Green Bay will be going back to Nebraska this weekend, which means she might stop by and see me on Sunday on their way back! Yay!!!! This gives me something to look forward to, since everyone else is leaving for Fall Break.

School has been great lately. I got my evaluation back, and I received "Proficient" or "Distinguised" on everything! This makes me really happy. I do have some things to work on, but it will all be fine. I was happy with it, and my principal sounded happy with everything as well.

I should go do something productive... maybe.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.