Monday, October 29, 2007

Relaxing Weekend!

I had a really great weekend. I went to Lincoln, NE after school on Friday to visit my cousins. I really just needed to get away and not have to worry about anything or deal with any drama. I had enough of that last week. Friday night we didn't really do a whole lot - just watched T.V. and chatted. On Saturday, we went to Omaha for MaKayla's soccer game. It was a horribly refereed game, but they still ended up tieing the undefeated team in their league. They played really well. Then we went to Dave and Buster's. It was actually a pretty fun place. We pooled all of our tickets together and got some mini prizes... Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, and then we ate lunch. I played Mario Kart with Karstin, and lost horribly, and then I headed back. I went shopping and then just kind of hung out. It was really nice to just get away.

Today was the start of the second quarter. I'm just glad that I don't have new kids or have to switch around schedules. We're still on short stories, but next week we will be starting mythology, which I'm really excited about! I had some cheating instances on the final Adam of the Road tests last week, so that wasn't fun to deal with. I want to have a "no tolerance" policy, but then I feel bad. Also, everyone tells me to tell parents. Well, if they admit it, do I really have to? For the one instance, yes, for the other... I don't know. Oh well, I guess all of that "learning" on my part comes with time.

It's gorgeous here! I love these Indian Summers. I may even wear a skirt tomorrow, since it's so nice outside. I think this is the last of it though. It's supposed to get into the 40's next week, which I am not excited about at all.

3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.