Monday, October 22, 2007

Projects!

I love projects. I love having students do them. I really like them because the students are doing the teaching, I can grade them on the spot for the most part, and it makes students interested and excited about something. For once I don't have to hear, "Miss Blasi, why are we doing this? This is boring," and so on and so forth. I have some really awesome castles coming in. I will have to remember to take my camera to school so I can get some pictures.

Grades are due on Monday. It's amazing that the first quarter will be finished on Thursday. I am hoping I will be able to finish grading the majority of the essays Wednesday and Thursday night, and perhaps get the tests graded Thursday, or Friday at the very latest. I am a little apprehensive about the essays since I won't be there on Thursday for half of my classes because I have professional development, but I think they will be ok. We are playing a Jeopardy review game tomorrow, so that should be fun.

I'm thinking about going to see my cousins in Nebraska this weekend. I will probably decide by Thursday night. On one hand, I don't really have time to drive 6 hours total just to get out of Iowa, but on the other hand, I haven't seen any of my family in about two months, and that's getting a little excessive. That, and I really just kind of need to get out of Waukee/Des Moines. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do next year when all of my friends are on rotations - I'll be really bored... I'll figure it out I'm sure, right now I just feel like I need to get away for a weekend.

It's cold now, and I'm really not excited about it. I haven't put my flannel sheets on my bed yet, or turned the heater on, but it's definitely coming - sooner than later.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.