Saturday, October 13, 2007

Thank Goodness It's the Weekend!

It's been a long week on the education end of my life. We've had SINA discussions and non-discussions, if you will. There's a tiny part of me that is very frustrated with the non-support from my immediate team, but I know that the administration, my English team, and much of the school is behind me. I cannot help students become better readers by myself! I know it will figure itself out, that doesn't make it any easier.

My mentor asked me to try to remember WHY I became a teacher. It's because I want to make a difference in my students' lives. I want them to learn something they can take away and use over and over again. I want them to feel confident that they can do something to change the world. I want them to become better writers and readers. I became a teacher because I truly believe that all students can learn and succeed if given the tools and the support that they need. If I remember all of that, then I can get through all the beauracracy that comes with teaching...

It's going to be kind of a lazy weekend. Most people have gone home for Fall Break. Perhaps that is a good thing, I might have a better feeling about it on Tuesday when people get back. Last night I went to dinner and a movie with some of my teacher friends. It was kind of nice to just get away and have some fun with my colleagues! It's cloudy and cold, which definitely makes me just want to stay inside and watch movies or read, not really do anything productive. Perhaps I will go to church tomorrow, since I haven't been there since the middle of August.

I'm hoping that my friend, Adria, will stop by on her way back from Seward tomorrow. It would be nice to see her, though I don't know what her plans are since she hasn't called me back. I also have a Silpada party with some of the teachers tomorrow afternoon, so that should be fun.

We're almost done with Adam of the Road, which makes me really excited! The projects are coming up, which should be neat, and then we move on to some scary stories just in time for Halloween :)

I should go get some errands run. Just what I need, to spend more money!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.