Thursday, October 18, 2007

So Tired of the Rain!

I am so tired of the rain. It's been raining for pretty much a week straight, and I am really starting to get cranky. It's maybe supposed to stop this weekend, but then it looks like it's just supposed to start all over again next week... blah.

I was kind of cranky with my kids today, and that's really not how it should be. Part of it is the rain, and part of it is that I feel like I'm down to the wire trying to finish stuff with this novel, and I don't feel like I have time to get it all done! Tomorrow is the day we finish reading the novel!!! Yay!!!! I hope I can get everything in that I need to get in - I'm definitely going to have to shorten AR time so I can get everything in. Monday is the last quiz and projects, and then we have review, an essay on Wednesday, and the final test on Thursday. Grades are due the next Monday, so I'm going to have a really fun time next weekend trying to get everything graded, especially the essays. Oh well. I did it to myself - planning everything down to the wire this way. It will all get done.

We had a new teacher meeting today. It was actually interesting - got to talk to the principals about conferences, and then our superintendent talked about what not to do as a teacher. The other plus was that we got out early!

Tonight I have to find stuff for the scavenger hunt, so hopefully my advisory will have some sort of points. They didn't do very well with the trivia questions, so I hope they start participating a bit more. I'm going to take a bunch of stuff in, but I hope some remember to bring things. I also hope they remember to wear purple or gold so that we get those points. We'll see. Sometimes I feel like 7th graders just don't care all that much...

Tonight is pretty much just laundry and curling up on my couch and watching T.V. It's definitely a good way to spend a rainy evening.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.