Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dead Phone :(

I'm pretty sure I just killed my cell phone. I was in a hurry to get to the Y tonight (yes, I finally joined on Saturday) and I guess I didn't get my water bottle all the way closed. I wondered why my shoes were wet, but I decided it was just because of the fact that the swim team had just finished practicing. When I went back to get my water bottle, I realized it wasn't full, but I was in a hurry to get back to class, so I didn't think to get my phone out of the water - not that it would have helped a whole lot. I know how water and phones work... So, it's fried. I'm glad I have my old cell phone with me so that I can put the SIM card in it and have a phone, but it's frustrating. I've already spent more money than I can really afford to this month on something that I needed for my overall health, and now I'm going to add this to it. I suppose that's why I have savings, but I really hate dipping into it.

I'm really tired of being an adult and paying bills. I'm pretty sure I haven't spent money on anything "fun" this month, and yet I've spent a lot of it. And I have more stuff coming up that I will have to pay for. We were thinking about going to Vegas in June, but I don't know if I can now, especially since I have to pay for a bridesmaid dress and get down to San Antonio as well. AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! It's all just a little overwhelming right now. And with teaching, it's not like you can work overtime to get some extra money. We work overtime for free.

I think I'm going to go curl up in some chocolate. I hope tomorrow is less frustrating.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.