Monday, January 28, 2008

Warm Weather!

I think it's really sad when I think that 40 degrees is warm, but that's how it is when you live in a nice cold state. The sun is out, the snow is melting, people are out washing their cars and walking their dogs. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be cold again tomorrow with snow. It was a nice 3 days...

Some days I think that the most exhausting days are the days when I don't really do anything - like when the students are working on a project or a paper. I don't really have papers to grade or anything, but I feel like I'm just kind of wiped out. I also feel like I'm running around a bit more too - trying to make sure everyone understands what he/she is supposed to be doing and making sure that they are on task.

I have a bunch of projects coming in tomorrow. We've worked on them in class for three days, so I hope that they are of decent quality. We have a test on Wednesday and then we are going to start our Holocaust unit. It will be interesting to see how and even if that unit impacts my students. I really hope it does because it's already a hard unit for me to go over and figure out how I'm going to teach it. I hope that they "get it" and really take something home from it.

I suppose I should go make dinner before I go to dance tonight.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.