Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Friday!

Even though it was a short week since we had a work day on Monday, and we had a 2 hour delay yesterday because of snow, I am glad that it's Friday and I have two days to "rest." I say "rest" because I have to go to dance at some point this weekend because I have a focus group thing Monday after school, and I told one of my students that I'd go to his swim meet on Saturday. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but it's supposed to only get to be like 5 degrees on Saturday, and it's supposed to feel a whole lot colder! I hate winter. I'm ready for spring and warm weather.

Classes went well this week for the most part. I had a new student on Tuesday. That's really hard because I don't know what background he has, and I have to move on with my plans and my curriculum. I really don't have time to sit down with him and figure out what he does and does not know. I feel bad, but I would go crazy if I really sat down and tried to figure it all out. I want to be an effective teacher for him, but... I suppose it will all work out one way or another.

I think I'm going to go ahead and join the Y this weekend. I'm not excited about spending even more money, but at least it will get me out of the house and doing some sort of physical activity. I hope the classes are fun and the people are nice. That's always what I'm worried about. I'm such an introvert that sometimes it's hard for me to get up the nerve to go try new things because I'm nervous about meeting new people. Nothing bad has ever happened, but that doesn't necessarily make things any easier for me. I will have to be brave though - it will most likely be fun and everything will turn out for the best.

Stay warm!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.