Thursday, January 3, 2008

First Day Back!

Today was the first day back to school after the winter break. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - the kids weren't too wound up, but I am glad that we only have two days back and then a weekend. Apparently, they turned the power off over break. That's fine, but our whole wing of the building was freezing! My room is normally cold, but today definitely took the cake on excessively cold. I wore my coat all day and even moved my 1/2 class to another room so we didn't freeze and could actually get some work done. I even had a fairly heavy sweater on! I just hope tomorrow is warmer!

I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend since many of my friends are still away because
Drake doesn't start school until the 22nd. Perhaps it will give me a chance to catch up with some of my other teacher friends that are here!

Tonight, I think I'm just going to curl up with a book and a blanket and try to stay warm!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.