Friday, November 2, 2007

Laundromats

Last night was the first and last time I will ever go to a laundromat to do my laundry (I hope). I went there because I had multiple loads - my usual two week load and a bunch of towels and sheets, and the dryer doesn't work well in my apartment. When I got there around 4:30, there wasn't really anyone there. To my annoyance, the washers at the laundromat are just as small as the washer in my apartment building, and they are more expensive! So, I threw my laundry in the washers and went off to find a spot to sit and read. When I went back after about 30 minutes, one washer was done, and one was sitting there with a red light beside "unbalanced load." Of course, it was the washer with the towels and the sheets. I shifted things around, and put the rest of my clothes in a dryer. As soon as I turned around, the load became "unbalanced" again. I literally spent the better part of 45 minutes baby-sitting the washer and "balancing" it every ten seconds. I finally took the sheets out and wrung them out and let the towels finish the whole cycle. Then, of course, I had to wait another 45 minutes for all of that to dry, and spend more money. I was not a happy camper when I got out of there at 6:30. I will hang dry all of my stuff from now on rather than go through all of that again for some clothes.

School's been going well. We are starting mythology next week. I'm really excited about that! Next week is conferences. Those should be interesting. I think I'm going to go to dance tomorrow morning so I can go to the choir concert on Monday. And then, I'm probably going shopping with one of my friends! Not that I really have the money to spend, but oh well!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.