Monday, May 26, 2008

3 Day Weekend!

It was a wonderful Memorial weekend, despite the fact that I didn't go home, or anywhere else for that matter. I didn't really do a whole lot - just dance, watched a few movies, and finished a few books. I went to lunch with a friend yesterday and then went shopping. I also was able to finish the work for my class I'm taking, so all I have to do now is type it all up, get some samples from my class, and mail it in. Then I will have 5 graduate credits to my name!

It was actually a fairly cool weekend, so I'm kind of glad I didn't have a whole lot of outdoor plans. My mom told me that it rained all weekend in Kansas, so I'm not too sad that I didn't get to go home. I probably would have gone home if I didn't have school these next few days, and/or gas wasn't so high. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, so it all worked out.

Five days of school left! The last thing I'm grading for the school year is due on Thursday, so that shouldn't be too bad. Friday is going to be a post-test and then an activity where they write and illustrate what their favorite thing we did this year was, and then I'm going to use it next year for my bulletin board at the beginning of the year! I suppose I'll also be packing my room up into boxes and labeling it all so it gets to where it needs to be next year.

I can't believe I'm almost done with my first year of teaching! It has gone by so fast. I've had a lot of fun and I've learned a lot. I'm going to miss my students from this year because they were all pretty great, for the most part. I know I'll have new students next year, but I have a feeling these 53 will all hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.