Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Didn't Know Bibliographies Were So Hard...

I didn't know that bibliographies were so hard to write, but apparently, to a 7th grader, they are one of the 7 wonders of the world. OK, perhaps I'm exagerating a bit, but you'd think that I'd never gone over how to do a bibliography from the ones I received today. They've been working on their World's Fair projects for quite awhile, and we've been working on bibliographies for about that long. Therefore, I don't really get it.

One class told me today that they didn't understand it and didn't know what to do with it. I pretty much chewed them out. If they didn't "get it," they should have come and talked to me before today. One student did,and I even went over it with him, and he still claimed he didn't understand. Other students think that just because they chose to skip school the day of their presentation, that that gives them the right to not turn anything in. Being gone from school only excuses you from work that was done the day before, not work you've known about for over two weeks...

They're just getting really frustrating as of late. I've all of a sudden had late work right and left, and then they turn in something that looks like we never talked about it. How hard is it to alphabetize something? Especially when I wrote it on your rough draft, and I also wrote it on the board and went over it. I think we need to turn our listening ears back on. I realize that we only have about 17 days left of school, but that's no excuse. We have a lot to do in those 17 days.

It's going to be interesting.

I'm going to Kansas City this weekend, which I am very excited about. I get to see one of my best friends and I'm staying with another one! I am just going down on Friday and coming back on Friday, but it will still be a nice break from Des Moines. Everybody is studying this weekend for finals anyways...

Spring is finally here!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.