Monday, May 12, 2008

So tired...

I don't know if it's the not going to bed until midnight or later and then getting up at 6 for three nights straight or the fact that I've actually taken more than one dance class a week for two weeks straight, but I am really really tired all of a sudden. I just feel like I'm dragging. The sore throat and all of the stuff I know I need to get done doesn't really help either... Oh well.

14 days left of school. I have a lot to get done in those 14 days, but I am about as ready as the students are to get out of school. I think we all need a break from one another. This week they are writing an in-class essay (I don't want to deal with the fiasco from the last essay) and starting to brainstorm for their children's books they are going to be writing the next two weeks. I think those are going to be really fun. I think they'll be glad to finally get to write something that they want to.

We found out last week that they are taking away our Accelerated Reader program next year. We're all a little upset because we were told that they would support it one more year while we did our curriculum audit and figured out if there was something better to do. Granted, I can find other things to do with that 20 minutes at the beginning of class that is supposed to be devoted to reading, but it's kind of a nice break and then I know the kids are reading at least an hour and 20 minutes a week. Oh well. I have lots of ideas for what we can do differently with that time. I'm disappointed about AR, but kind of excited about what else we can do with it!

Last weekend I went to Kansas City. It was really nice to see my friends and hang out with them and not have to worry about anything. I also got to see my godson, which was cool. He's talking in more complete sentences now. They taught him how to say, "How you doin'?" like Joey from Friends. He's so cute! I will be really excited if Jon gets the teaching job there - then they will only be 3 hours away from me and I will be able to see them more easily and more often!

I guess I should go make sure I have things ready for tomorrow and then I think I'm going to bed. It's a bit early, but I need the sleep...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.