Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

Ok, so it's a day late... I had a good Easter weekend. I went out to my cousin's in Lincoln, NE, and just spent the weekend with them. It was kind of nice to get away for awhile and not be around school stuff and things that stress me out. Out there, I didn't have time or a reason to think about jobs and graduation and all of that other stuff. (Which reminds me, I need to start addressing graduation invitations). I will admit, Sunday I was a little tired since we got up to serve breakfast after Sunrise Service, but other than that... I love my family, even the very extended ones.

I'm currently trying to set up a time to go back down to Topeka. Part of me is beginning to think that I should just take the job - I'm pretty much guaranteed the ninth graders, which is ok with me. I found out I didn't get the Waukee job because they chose someone with more education and more experience - nothing I could have done differently. But then, how am I supposed to get more experience if no one hires me????? There are some things keeping me here, but the more I think about it, I would probably be ok if I went there. I don't know - I'll have to see after I go down there again.

We started our Mystery Unit today. My first block really got into the read aloud, but second block didn't really. We'll see. Maybe they'll get more excited as we go along and find out more about the mummies! I'm getting observed tomorrow. It's really amazing how I'm no longer nervous about it. I feel so comfortable in front of the classroom and in front of the students that it's just another part of my day. I suppose that's good. The weeks have just kind of flown by in the middle school - only 4 weeks left there and 5 until I graduate! I'm not sure that I'm ready.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.