Friday, April 6, 2007

News, but it's not good...

I wish I had some good news to report about my job interviews, but all I have to report is that both schools offered the positions to someone else.... So, I guess I'm back at square one. It's a little annoying, especially since I was pretty sure I had one of them in the bag... Everything happens for a reason I suppose, I'm just still trying to figure out what the heck it is.

I'm really much calmer now than I was last night. I got the call right before I went to tutor, and that couldn't have been at a worse time. What really really got me though is that the principal didn't call me - she had her HR guy call me and tell me she'd offered the position to someone else, even though she'd basically handed it to me on a platter. She knew I'd be upset and she didn't want to face it. I wouldn't have either. Whatever.

It's cold here, but no snow on the ground. Apparently, we have 3-4 inches of snow at home in Wichita... Awesome for Easter!

I guess I'm going to try to set up another meeting with Topeka to go down there and look at the school again. Otherwise, I guess I'll be sending out more applications. Everyone says it's still early to know about jobs, but I'm not that patient, and I'd like to know what to expect for this summer. I can't drive all around just to get to interviews - waste of gas and money. We'll see.

I'm going to my cousin's this weekend. It will be nice to get away and be somewhere else for awhile, just get my mind off everything else.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.