Monday, April 16, 2007

Long Weekend

It's just been a long weekend, and I feel like it's going to be an even longer week. Saturday I drove home because my uncle is in the hospital. Right outside of Osceola, I got out of my car to get a pop, and I locked my keys in my car! Of course, I had locked my phone in there as well. Thankfully, pay phones don't cost anything to call the State Trooper. So they had to connect me to a locksmith who came out and unlocked my door - bye bye $50 because I'm sure my mom will forget to send it in to insurance to get reimbursed... The rest of my trip was fairly uneventful. When I got home I went to see my uncle. It didn't even look like him. He had all sorts of tubes and bags and everything sticking out of him. My cousin kept reminding me that that was "good" compared to what he had looked like. Kind of a sad deal. He wasn't doing too well the majority of the weekend, but apparently today he was doing better, so that's good.

Sunday, my little cousin had her first communion, so we had to go to lunch for that, and then it was my grandma's 81st birthday, so everyone was up for that. It was kind of fun, and I got to eat real hamburgers!!! I miss being at all of the family events. I drove to Manhattan and stayed with one of my friends for the night. It was really nice to get to see her and talk to her again, since the last time I saw her was July!

This morning I got up and drove to Topeka to visit the school that offered me a job. I sat in on three classes. I liked the teachers I met, and the students are pretty much just normal high school students. I don't know what I had in my head, but the pictures kind of clashed. So, then I called the assistant superintendent that I have been working with, and told her I tentatively accepted the job. (After recent family events, I really feel that I need to be closer to home.) However, she had to call the principal that I had just left, and figure things out. The only thing I've heard back from them is that she still has to talk to them...therefore, I'm still going to my interview at Waukee tomorrow. Technically, as long as I don't have a contract in my hand, I can do whatever I want. I just feel like I need to keep my options open. I just assumed the principal knew she'd offered me a position and that if I accepted it, everything would be taken care of...apparently not.

I went straight to tutoring when I got into town, and then I went grocery shopping. I went to dance tonight. Some days I really like going, and others I just really don't. Tonight was kind of inbetween. I don't dance 7 days a week like some of the girls. I'm lucky to still be able to turn fairly well and at least look like I know what I'm doing! I did have some good turns tonight, it's been awhile since I've had those. I will definitely miss that studio if I do end up in Topeka. I really like that they still push me and correct me, even though I'm not ever going to be a ballerina...

Tomorrow it's back to the 6th graders and Mystery. It will be nice to see them again. Last week they were upset I wasn't going to be there today! Only 3 more weeks till I'm done student teaching, and 4 more till I graduate. It hardly seems like it should be here. This semester has really just flown by.

I really really need to start addressing graduation invitations.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.