Sunday, April 29, 2007

Relays and Whatnot

So, Relays weekend is over. As much as I like Relays and think they're an awesome thing for Des Moines and the Drake community, I'm always a little happy when they're over. I really don't like having to fight for a parking space in my own parking lot or deal with drunken parties outside my window when I'm trying to go to sleep because I have to get up at 6 AM and go teach...

We did have fun this weekend. Friday night we went down to Court Avenue and listened to the bands and had some drinks with some friends. This was the first time I'd ever actually gone down to Court Avenue for Relays weekend. It was actually pretty fun. Makes me glad I'll be here next year! On Saturday I went to the stadium with a couple of my friends and watched the actual relays events for a few hours. We saw someone break the world record in the Women's 100 Meter Hurdles!!!! That was pretty awesome.

My uncle is now out of the hospital and living at my house in Wichita for a few more weeks. At least he's doing a lot better. This is my last week of student teaching! As much as I love teaching, I'm ready to be done, especially since I won't be doing much more this week because I'm supposed to be giving the class back to my teacher...

We had "Mystery Day" on Friday with the kids, which was basically a long scavenger hunt and they were outside for about 2 hours. It was pretty fun for them, and we had gorgeous weather! It's amazing to me - it was pouring 3 days ago, and now it's 80 degrees and sunny, not a cloud in the sky!

2 weeks until graduation. That's a scary thought.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.