Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy Busy!

It's been an interesting week. Wednesday, my cousin went home from the hospital. He was glad to get out of there because he was getting bored just sitting in the hospital room and watching T.V., not that he gets to do a whole lot more at home. I went out there Thursday to help take care of him and keep him company. His leg looks really gross! I didn't really look at it all that much while my cousin was changing the dressing - the little bit I could see was enough for me! Friday we had to take him to the doctor. After we tried to kill him with the elevator a few times, (we were not very skilled wheelchair drivers) I don't know why he didn't want to push it himself, but he chose not too, so we continued to have some adventures. He's really doing much better now and is getting stronger and can use his crutches better, so that's good for him and everyone around. Now, we'll see how he does when he gets the skin graft...

Saturday was my Great-Grandma's 100th Birthday! A TON of people came to help her celebrate it. We of course all had to take pictures. There were relatives there that I didn't even realize I was related to! She looked great and actually stood at the door for the first hour or so greeting people. They tried to get her to sit down, but she wanted to stand and meet everyone! The little ceremony and everything was nice, and it was cool to get to see some of my other cousins and relatives that I hadn't seen in awhile. My great-grandma is absolutely amazing. She still remembers everything, and just to think about all that she's lived through is amazing as well. I think they said like 13 or 14 presidents. The Dust Bowl, the Great Depression, two World Wars, Vietnam, Korea, Cold War, the War in Iraq. She's seen the invention of the car, machines, microwaves, cell phones, vaccines, all the conveniences we take for granted today! She still likes to tell stories about her childhood as well!

Saturday night we watched V for Vendetta. It was ok. I think it's one of those movies you really have to think about, and I didn't really feel like thinking too much about what was going on. I got the point, I just really wasn't that impressed.

Wheat harvest was going to start this week, but we had a big storm Saturday night and it's supposed to rain all week. If they do start, it probably won't be until next week sometime, if there's anything left in the fields to cut...

I haven't started packing for Vegas yet. I suppose that's something that I need to do. I'm looking forward to it! It's going to be a blast, even if most of it's spent swimming :)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.