Saturday, June 30, 2007

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

Ok, ok, so it's a little cheesy... However, there's got to be sun somewhere. It's been raining since Monday, and I'm about to go a little crazy. I also haven't worked since Wednesday, so I'm a little stir-crazy. I've been trying to get things out of my room and at least box them up, but I haven't been able to properly motivate myself to do such a thing. I have too much stuff and am not sure I'm going to have the shelf space for all of it when I move in August.

I was really excited to have a whole apartment to myself, a bedroom and an office-space of some sort, but one of my friends suggested yesterday that maybe we could room together. I honestly hadn't thought about having a roommate this year, partially because all of my friends got jobs on different sides of town, so none of us were close to each other. This friend, however, has a job in West Des Moines, which is like 5 minutes from Waukee. There are ups and downs to having a roommate. I was excited about not having to work around anyone else's schedule and habits. However, I did get kind of lonely last year when I was the only one home because my roommate was always gone. It would be nice to have someone else at home to talk to after a bad (or awesome) day at work with 7th graders. This friend is also a teacher, so we'd definitely have something to talk about. Also, the biggest plus side is only having to pay half the rent and half the utilities, which would definitely save us money, and I'd be able to pay off my loans a little faster. I have to do some more thinking about it, and talk to the landlord people when they call this week with whether or not I actually have an apartment. Although I'm pretty sure I do.

I just want to see some sunshine. Sometimes I feel like a plant. I get kind of droopy when I haven't seen the sun. Maybe more like a flower, because our cucumber plants are thriving in this rainy weather...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.