Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wedding

Adria's wedding yesterday went wonderful! After, of course, the photographer didn't show up and no one knew where he was, so we had to have a replacement and didn't get to take pictures until after the wedding instead of before. It all ended up working out well though. The ceremony went fine. My godson, Joey, made it down the aisle with a smile on his face instead of the tears and screaming that had been going on earlier due to the tuxedo.... During the congregational hymn, we didn't realize there were five verses, so we started handing the copies in, and then proceeded to drop them, therefore making us and Adria laugh. Good times. Other than that, it was beautiful, and Adria made it through her vows without crying.

We took a limo ride around Wichita after the wedding and before the reception. I was excited because I'd never ridden in a limo before! It was pretty neat, and we managed to fit everyone in it that was supposed to fit in!

The reception and dance was a blast! The DJs were really good. The other maid of honor, Sarah, caught the bouquet, so I guess she'll be next! Although, we pretty much already knew that. :) We had a lot of fun dancing the night away.

So, I survived my coral dress and everything, and I didn't even trip down the aisle or on the steps when I was straightening out Adria's dress. I am definitely exhausted though. I think everything is catching up with me. I can't believe I only have about five more weeks before I move back to Iowa!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.