Friday, June 29, 2007

CATS

My mom and I went to see Music Theatre for Young People's production of CATS last night. I must say, I was much more impressed with their version than with the actual "Broadway" version that came through a couple of years ago. We could actually hear what the actors were saying, and the dancing was much much much better than what the "professionals" that I saw did. So I say, BRAVO to those "amateurs" who did such a wonderful job last night. At least I wasn't disappointed in them. Maybe it was because I kind of knew what to expect (i.e. no plot line), but I also think they actually cared about what they were doing, unlike the others. I kind of agree with my mom though. Part of me doesn't really understand why that show is such a big deal. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's people dressed as animals acting like people, if that makes any sense. The one thing I will say was "better" with the Broadway production was that the actors actually looked like cats - real slinky and sneaky and all of that, but that's their lives, the people that performed last night had only been doing it for two weeks. I can definitely forgive that.

I worked at the snowcone stand Tuesday and Wednesday, and I finished three books. Tells you how busy I was... Oh well. It's a job, it's money, and it's something to do other than sitting around my house and staring at the wall. I could be packing more stuff up, but I'm not really sure where to start, or what I even want to take with me. I suppose I should figure that out sooner or later.

One of my really good friends from high school had a baby last weekend. I need to go up and see him, I just need to figure out when. :)

On another, not so exciting but yes note, I consolidated my loans the other day, so I got the absolutely lowest rate I could get! I'm still going to end up paying thousands in interest, but this way it's a little less, and I'm going to try to pay it off earlier than they have planned for me. My mom and I worked out my "budget." I hate bills. I need a new car, but don't really want to get one because that's one more thing I will have to pay for. Oh well. That's part of being an adult I guess...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.