Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to School

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Break. Personally, mine felt way too short. Perhaps that is because I spent two days driving and three with my family. It was nice to see everyone again, even though some of them weren't there. I went to see my great-grandma on Friday. She's really not doing well. She's been in the hospital for 4 weeks with pneumonia, and they just moved her into a nursing home/rehabilitation center. I didn't really care much for the place. She's 100 years old. That's what she wanted to make it to. I think she would even tell you that she's ready to go... God's got a plan, I just wish he wouldn't make her suffer much longer...

The kids were really mellow today for the most part. That was nice because it made my day a little easier and a little less hectic. It really doesn't seem like we were gone that long, except when I get my days mixed up and forget when assignments were given. Oh well. We're still reading mythology. They have a test next week, so it should be interesting to see how they do.

Tonight at dance I hit a perfect double pirouette. For once, I felt on balance and felt like I could stay there forever! I wish I could figure out exactly what I did so I can repeat it and don't have to constantly try to re-teach my body what to do every week. If only I had more time and could dance more than once a week...

I feel like I've been spending a lot of money lately, but there are things that need to get done! I need to go get my oil changed and my tires rotated on my car, go get tickets for The Nutcracker and the Rockette's Christmas Show that's coming to Des Moines. Plus, gas is expensive, so going home was not cheap. Oh well, sometimes you have to do those things.

It's starting to get colder and it's supposed to snow on Wednesday. I missed the snow last week, but I don't think I'll be so lucky this time.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.