Saturday, November 10, 2007

Conferences

Wednesday and Thursday were conferences, and we have another set on Tuesday. For the most part, mine went pretty well. I didn't have any parents upset at me, at the parents of children that I've been having some issues with in class were really understanding and supportive of what I was doing, and said they would work on the issues. I have a few more "problem" children on Tuesday, but I'm confident that everything will be fine. It's really nice that I only have half the students at conferences, so I can spend a bit more time with them if I need to. Some of my students told me on Friday that their parents told them they thought I was the best teacher they talked to all night - that made me feel really good!

Last night we went to the Drake International Student Association's dance performance because Rohini was dancing. It was neat to see all the different types of dancing. Afterwards, they had international food. Some of it was really good, and some of it was not. I'm not a picky eater, but I'm not an adventurous eater either, so it was a bit out of my comfort zone.

Tonight we're going to eat at the middle school for a fundraiser for the Washington D.C. trip the 7th graders are going on. It's spaghetti, so it should be good.

I spent around $150 today just running errands - contacts, prescriptions, food, gas... it's amazing how it all adds up. I'm not excited about the high gas prices - that makes it a lot more expensive to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need to get some new shoes, but those may have to wait.

We started Mythology this week. So far, the students seem to be really interested in it. I hope they are, because we're going to be working on it until January!

It's about a week and a half until Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.