Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Almost Thanksgiving!

Only one more day of teaching and then I get to head home for Thanksgiving! I'm really glad that we get Wednesday off - it makes my life much easier, especially since I really don't like driving in the dark. I'm really excited to go home and see my family and eat some home made food.

I went and tried on the bridesmaid dress for Sarah's wedding today. It will look fine. It wasn't my first choice, but it's not about me. I'm definitely going to have to pull the halter part up a bit so I don't fall out of the dress, but that's really nothing new. I should have asked Sarah where the dress is coming in - if it's going to be in Texas or Wichita or what. I really don't mind ordering the dress myself if it means that I'll have it before the day of the wedding. That would be nice. I really don't want to have to have it mailed... We'll see, I'm sure it will all be fine.

My kids are upset with me because I'm making them memorize the helping verbs. It's amazing to me sometimes how little effort they want to put into their school work. One of them asked me who invented school. I really don't know - but I think they've been having school, at least classes in which you go and learn from someone smarter than you, for quite a while. Oh, they're so funny some days. Tomorrow's going to be pretty pointless because it's an early out day, and it's the day before a long holiday. It's a good thing they're just taking a quiz and sharing their projects, otherwise it'd probably be a wasted day.

It's supposed to snow later this week. I hope I get out of here before all of that happens!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.