Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Conferences X2

Today was the last day of conferences. They went well and I didn't really have any problems. I had one set of parents ask me how their student could raise test scores on a MAP test, a standardized test similar to ITBS... I don't really know what the test looks like, so I unfortunately wasn't much help. I didn't think it should be that big of a deal because the student was at average for the scores, but I'm not the parent. It's always good to try to improve, but I don't put much stock in test scores...

Only one week until Thanksgiving break. I'm definitely ready for it. I think I just need a break from 7 to 4:30 days, students, a thousand decisions being made, colleagues undermining what you say because they don't agree with a decision you made, and just generally feeling wiped out. I love my job, I just need a break.

My classes did really well on a quiz we took today. I was kind of worried about it, since we really haven't talked about inferring, but they did a lot better than I expected. I was happily surprised. We're moving along with Mythology, which is really fun for me and I hope it is for the kids as well.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.