Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day!!!

I received a call at 5:45 this morning telling me that I did not have to get up and go to school today. I happily turned my alarm clock off and went back to sleep :) I am glad that we did not have to get up and break our cars out of their ice prisons and try to get to school to teach at a decent time. I went out after lunch today to get the ice off of my car, and it took me a good 30 minutes. My car had about 1/4 inch of ice all around it. I couldn't get my driver's side door open - I had to get into the passenger side and force the driver's side open. It was fun. It was very interesting when the ice just came off in sheets...

It only snowed until about 12 today, and then it stopped. When I last looked at the radar, the storm has stayed south of us, so it doesn't look like we'll be getting any more snow tonight. That doesn't bother me a whole lot. I was going to go Christmas shopping today, but I think I'll just stay inside. The roads look like they're pretty clear now, but I just don't want to risk it. That, and I'm perfectly comfortable in my pajama pants and sweatshirt inside my warm apartment. I'll try tomorrow.

Nothing else exciting is going on. I made cookies today and I was going to try to clean my apartment. We'll see how well that goes :)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.