Tuesday, March 13, 2007

6th Grade!!!!

I started my 6th grade placement yesterday. All I have to say is that they have a lot more energy than my 9th graders. They are constantly moving. Also, I now have hall duty because the lockers are right outside my room. That's fine, it just seems like it's a whole other world. They're pretty much exhausting. I think it will be fun, but right now it's kind of daunting.

We have conferences tomorrow and Thursday. I'm going back to East to do conferences, since I pretty much gave them their entire semester grade. It will be nice to meet parents.

I guess after Spring Break we have ITBS tests, and then I'm probably going to do some stuff with a mystery unit. It's going to be interesting though, because the students will all read their own mystery, and then we just do reading strategies with them. It's interdisciplinary though, so that should be fun. Ah, it's all a learning experience. As long as they get something out of it.

It was 70 today!!!! Tomorrow is one more warm day and then it's supposed to get cooler again. However, home is warm and is supposed to stay warm!!! Maybe I'll start working on my tan - I'll need to for summer weddings coming up. We'll see, I have a lot to do over break.

2 days...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.