Thursday, March 29, 2007

Interview

So, I think my interview went really well today. At least I felt good after it, I don't know what the interviewers thought... It's really kind of intimidating to 1)teach a lesson in front of students you don't know with 8 other adults in the room and 2) sit at the head of a table while everyone is asking you questions and judging your answers. I know that's what interviews are, but... I can always think of better answers when I'm not sitting there in front of people. I really did like the school and the people who interviewed me (other staff members). I think it would be a really fun place to work, and I loved the atmosphere of the place. Very happy, upbeat, and positive - definitely what I'm looking for in a school. He said I should know by early next week one way or the other. Honestly, I'm hoping for, "We'd like to offer you a position here," but I guess we'll see. I still have another interview next Tuesday, and still a job offer in Topeka if all else fails...

Not too much else. We've been prepping this week for ITBS tests. The kids are getting kind of tired of it, but what can you do? I absolutely love the 6th graders. I kind of thought I wasn't going to like them as much after my 9th graders, but I think they're a blast! There's just always something going on and something to do. It's really fast paced, and today I was exhausted because I taught most of the day, but it's fun. I just like the atmosphere and the attitudes of middle school teachers - so much more positive, even when kids are being naughty. I'm teaching a poetry unit next week and then we're starting mystery! I'm really excited about that, I think it will be a lot of fun. At least I hope it is!

I should really go plan lessons or something. Or take a nap. Naps are always a good thing.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.