Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Break!

It's been an interesting spring break already, and I'm only 4 days into it. Wednesday and Thursday I had parent-teacher conferences at East. For the most part, things went really well. It was a loooooong two days though. After conferences each night, the teachers went out. Thursday I actually convinced some of my friends to come out with us. It was really fun, and I'm really going to miss those teachers.

Friday I drove home. I ended up taking home my friend's sister. The drive was fine until we got to Kansas City. It never fails that when I go through KC instead of around it I hit an accident or wreck. Of course we did, and we sat in traffic for a good 30 to 45 minutes. Normally, it wouldn't have been so bad, except I was supposed to be in Topeka to see the school I'm interviewing for. So, I finally go her dropped off and then raced to Topeka. I talked to the principal for a bit and he showed me the school, and I met a teacher or two. The school was very nice, and had a lot going for it. I interview tomorrow, so we'll see what comes of that. I toured the high school though, and I'm pretty sure I'm applying for a middle school job. I'm not even sure that I'm really a good candidate, but we'll see after tomorrow. After I got home, I went to the drive-in theater (Yes, we still have one!) with my friend and her little brothers. We saw Night at the Museum and Eragon. They were ok - I'm glad I didn't pay full price to see either one of them in the theater though.

Saturday I went out to the farm and helped them burn the pastures and grassland. Everything was fine until a gust of wind took something that was burning and started someone else's pasture on fire. It was kind of scary! We ended up burning part of two more people's fields... fortunately most people out there don't care too much. It was more exciting than I was expecting. We celebrated birthdays later, after the fun with fire.

Yesterday and today weren't too eventful- pretty much just hanging out with the family. It was gorgeous yesterday - 70 and sunny, but today it's been raining, which isn't any fun. I guess I could be working on my mystery unit for my 6th graders, but I think I have some time to get that all figured out. :)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.